Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
We launched the Taipei Free Art Fair to create a platform without restrictions, promoting artistic freedom. Artists and groups from around the world, creating and interacting freely. Uncovering gems, unleashing potential, a space to be seen. To realize our greatest expectations in a place without limits.
The YIRI LIVING Foundation was founded in the spirit of combining art and life. Establishing the Taipei Free Art Fair in 2014, we’ve tried to host an interactive space filled with creativity and imagination.
【2018 Taipei Free Art Fair Event Info】
Dates：April 6th (Friday) to April 8th (Sunday), 2018
Location：Songshan Cultural and Creative Park Warehouse 2 and 3 (No.133, Guangfu S. Rd., Xinyi Dist. Taipei City)
【Prizes and Judging】
Jury Prize*10, grant of USD $1,000
Grand Prize*1, grant of USD $10,000
Prizes are subject to tax regulations of the Republic of China (Taiwan). Citizens and residents of Taiwan are subject to 10% Witholding Tax. Non-residents are subject to 20% Tax Withheld at Source.
Size：240×120cm（no exhibition wall provided）
Provided Equipment：110v power outlet*1
Notice：Exhibition floor plan is to be provided as part of application
Organizer reserves the right to adjust exhibition booths as needed. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Step 1. Online Application Only (Ongoing until January 31st, 2018)
Fill out application form (PowerPoint format), and E-mail completed application to email@example.com, subject line “2018 FAF Registration + (name/group name)"
Deadline: 23:59, January 31st, 2018
Step 2. Selection Announcement (February 10th, 2018)
Selected applicants will be posted on Taipei Free Art Fair website(http://www.freeartfair.tw/). Organizers will also E-mail “Selectione Notification" via E-mail, please respond via E-mail to confirm attendance.
Step 3. Information Session for Exhibitors (February 24th, 2018)
Date：February 24th, 2018, 14:30-16:30
Address：YIRI Living Space (9F-1, No.778, Sec. 4, Bade Rd., Nangang Dist., Taipei City 11577)
Transportation Info :
(via MRT Green Line) Take a right upon exiting Songshan MRT Station Exit No.4
(via Train) 3 minutes walk from Songshan Train Station East Exit
(via MRT Blue Line) 10 minutes walk from Houshanpi MRT Station
About: Sharing experiences from past Free Art Fairs, Q&A Session
Note：Attendance is voluntary
Step 4. Booth Setup (April 5th, 2018)
Date：April 5th, 2018, 12:00-21:30
Step 5. Taipei Free Art Fair Exhibition (April 6th-8th, 2018)
Step 6. Booth Takedown (April 8th, 2018)
Date：April 8th, 2018, 19:00-21:00
* Incomplete, late, or improperly formatted applications will not be processed
* Selected applicant list will be available on official Taipei Free Art Fair website after February 10th, 2018; rejected entrees will not be specially notified.
* Accepted applicants who do not respond to confirmation E-mail will be replaced by candidates from waitlist.
* The Songshan Cultural and Creative Park is a historical monument, and according to regulations stipulated in the “Cultural Heritage Preservation Act", smoking, betel nut, and chewing gum is prohibited in all areas. Use of fire, candles, gas, and any electric appliances that may overload circuit breakers is also prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted accordingly.
* Lighting fires, using gas stoves, setting off fireworks, and other dangerous activities that may damage historical buildings are prohibited.
* Using paste, tape, glue, nails, and other forms of adhesive on the walls and floors of the Park, or on equipment unrelated to the exhibition is prohibited.
* Using nails, spray-paint, or electric welding is prohibited.
* Exhibition-related objects may not be hung or suspended from existing structures, including walls, pillars, or ceiling.
* Due to limited space in the Park, cars will not be allowed entry.
* Park is not responsible for lost items; please take care of exhibition materials and other belongings.
* Organizers are not responsible or any lost or damaged exhibition and personal materials.
* Participants are responsible for processing transactions and tax. Receipts are required for all transactions.
* Due to limited space, organizers cannot provide storage space.
* All decorating materials, exhibition materials, and trash must be removed from the Park by the designated deadline.
※Submission of application form means applicant has read and agrees to adhere to 2018 Taipei Free Art Fair Event Rules.
※Organizer reserves the right to change event rules at any time, please refer to official website for any clarification.
※Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, +886-2-2786-3866