Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
We launched the Taipei Free Art Fair to create a platform without restrictions, promoting artistic freedom. Artists and groups from around the world, creating and interacting freely. Uncovering gems, unleashing potential, a space to be seen. To realize our greatest expectations in a place without limits.
The YIRI LIVING Foundation was founded in the spirit of combining art and life. Establishing the Taipei Free Art Fair in 2014, we’ve tried to host an interactive space filled with creativity and imagination.
2019 Free Art Fair
Annual Theme: L O V E
Maybe in another era, another world, a grand magnificent banquet could exist; its ingredients the clashing elements of romance versus sex, the spirit versus the flesh, and all that which we call desire. Our need to explore these “ingredients” is what makes us human. In this banquet, nothing is eternal. Not love, not friendship. Let these fantastic yet seductive manifestations dance freely upon the stage. In the words of Italian master director Federico Fellini, “Dreams are the only reality.”
- OPENING HOURS｜12:00-18:00 (GMT+8), December 6th to 8th (Friday – Sunday), 2019
- VENUE｜Songshan Cultural and Creative Park Warehouse 2 and 3 (No.133, Guangfu S. Rd., Xinyi Dist. Taipei City)
Prizes and Judging
- 6 Jury Prize Winners｜grant of USD $1,000
- 1 Grand Prize Winner｜grant of USD $10,000
Prizes are subject to tax regulations of the Republic of China (Taiwan). Citizens and residents of Taiwan are subject to 10% Witholding Tax. Non-residents are subject to 20% Tax Withheld at Source.
- BOOTH FEE｜Free
- SIZE｜240×120cm（no exhibition wall provided）
- PROVIDED EQUIPMENT｜110v power outlet*1
- NOTICE｜Exhibition floor plan is to be provided as part of application
Organizer reserves the right to adjust exhibition booths as needed. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
E-mail Application Only｜Ongoing until September 30th, 2019
*APPLY｜Fill out application form (PowerPoint format), and E-mail completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
*SUBJECT LINE | 2019 FAF Registration + (name/group name)
*DEADLINE｜18:00(GMT+8), September 30th, 2019
Selection Announcement｜in October
Selected applicants will be posted on Taipei Free Art Fair website freeartfair.tw
Organizers will also E-mail “Selectione Notification” via E-mail, please respond via E-mail to confirm attendance.
Booth Setup｜December 5th (Thu) , 2019
DATE｜April 5th (Thu) , 2019, 12:00-21:00
Taipei Free Art Fair Exhibition｜December 6th-8th (Fri-Sun), 2019
Booth Takedown｜Decmber 8th (Sun), 2019
DATE｜December 8th (Sun), 2019, 18:00-21:00
- Incomplete, late, or improperly formatted applications will not be processed
- Selected applicant list will be available on official Taipei Free Art Fair website after March 2018; rejected entrees will not be specially notified.
- Accepted applicants who do not respond to confirmation E-mail will be replaced by candidates from waitlist.
- The Songshan Cultural and Creative Park is a historical monument, and according to regulations stipulated in the “Cultural Heritage Preservation Act”, smoking, betel nut, and chewing gum is prohibited in all areas. Use of fire, candles, gas, and any electric appliances that may overload circuit breakers is also prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted accordingly.
- Lighting fires, using gas stoves, setting off fireworks, and other dangerous activities that may damage historical buildings are prohibited.
- Using paste, tape, glue, nails, and other forms of adhesive on the walls and floors of the Park, or on equipment unrelated to the exhibition is prohibited.
- Using nails, spray-paint, or electric welding is prohibited.
- Exhibition-related objects may not be hung or suspended from existing structures, including walls, pillars, or ceiling.
- Due to limited space in the Park, cars will not be allowed entry.
- Park is not responsible for lost items; please take care of exhibition materials and other belongings.
- Organizers are not responsible or any lost or damaged exhibition and personal materials.
- Participants are responsible for processing transactions and tax. Receipts are required for all transactions.
- Due to limited space, organizers cannot provide storage space.
- All decorating materials, exhibition materials, and trash must be removed from the Park by the designated deadli
- Submission of application form means applicant has read and agrees to adhere to Free Art Fair 2019 Event Rules.
- Organizer reserves the right to change event rules at any time, please refer to official website for any clarification.
- Contact information: email@example.com, +886-2-2786-3866 (13:00 – 19:00)